Monday, December 23, 2013

Fish out of water

I haven't swam for a month. Yes. That's right. I've been focusing on biking and running and really I use the term focusing loosely. But today in Nashville I made my way to Centennial Sportsplex to get a session in-- and I felt GREAT. In fact-- it's the best pool session I've ever had. In the past I've absolutely preferred open water (lake) to pool swimming as the water is easier on my nose but the cardio work I've been putting in on the bike and run has helped my swim. I had been struggling to swim 150 without needing to stop and today I did 500 without stopping at a 2:30 pace per 100. Pace is not great, in fact, it's slow-- BUT the goal is to NOT DROWN.

I also had in my head that the January race was a 1200 meter swim- -triple my last race distance of 400 BUT I WAS WRONG-- It's a 1500 meter swim-- folks, let's just call it a mile. A MILE. Of Swimming. The half Iron does 1.2.

So I can stay focused I've noted my training plan from now until race day:

Tuesday 24: BIKE 32 (pool closed)
Wednesday 25: BIKE 16 (pool closed)
Thursday 26: Pool 1600 & run 2
Friday 27: Pool 2000
Saturday 28: Run 2
Sunday 29: OFF/HUNGOVER/HAPPY BIRTHDAY CARA
Monday 30: Pool 1200
Tuesday 31: Bike 20 & Run 1.2
Wed 1: Run 3
Thurs 2: Open Water/Wetsuit testing at Britta's-- INTENSIVE SWIM
Friday 3: Open Water/Wetsuit testing at Britta's--INTENSIVE SWIM
Saturday 4: OFF/walk/hike
Sunday 5: Bike 30
Monday 6: Class at gym (SPORT)
Tuesday 7: Run 3
Wed 8: Run (in LA)
Thurs 9: OFF
Friday 10: Walk (Naples)
Saturday 11: Swim (In ocean/race site) 1500 -- try to swim course if possible
Sunday 12: RACE

No comments:

Post a Comment