Thursday, December 5, 2013

Wetsuit Legal

Purchasing a wetsuit has been one of the more stressful experiences over the past few months. A couple of things to note:

-very few triathlon shops cary XL sizes in their store-- so it can be difficult to try on different brands and see what sizes work for you

-the sizing guides say that XL's are for those that weigh 160+ which made me SUPER nervous about if the biggest size would even fit me

-wetsuits are expensive-- and they can tear pretty easily so just trying on the damn thing could cost you $200 if you mess it up

SO....the suit came in the mail and I took it to the office to try it on so I would have moral support and of course, Chrissy-- my triathlon spirit guide-- to help me if I get stuck. Getting the suit on my legs was decent....getting the suit over my hips was, well, it was more of a dance move than anything, and then getting the thing all the way up was more a dance/struggle.

BUT....in the end. It fit perfectly. I CAN only imagine that wetsuit would fall off someone who weights 160 lbs but never here nor there. NOW I just have to swim in it.


1 comment: