Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Bike rack owner...

I mentioned yesterday that I signed up for a Triathlon. Oddly enough, I wasn't lying. So a few things that I've done to start preparing for the race that's on 9/29.

1. I took my bike to the shop for a tune-up.
2. I bought a bike rack (more on that later).
3. I bought 10 sessions at the city swim complex...I'll start that next week after my spray tan wears off...
4. I reached out to my friend Kim who just competed and won her division at a full Tri in Nashville..and she shared her training plan with me.

There's an odd type of person who owns a bike rack I've found. Characteristics of the bike rack owner seem to be...

-I'm both outdoorsy but not enough to get the inside of my car dirty with this bike
-I'm adventurous with my riding but am hitching my bike on the damn car to get there
-I like to blog about my back rack and or bike rack's in general




1 comment:

  1. hahaha love your characteristics of a bike rack owner!

    - Please look at my bike as I pass by to make me feel better about the amount of money I've spent on it.

    - I'm active. And this is a much better way of telling you than the hated "at the gym" status on Facebook.

    ReplyDelete