Sunday, October 13, 2013

Week 1-- Training Done.

Today was week 1 of my training plan for my first Olympic Distance Tri in January.

Monday I headed to the pool to swim with a goal to swim 3 400 meters. I WAS HORRIBLE. I couldn't get 50 meters in without needing to come up and breathe. Not sure what's going on here but I immediately changed my workout-- I did 25 meters free-style and then 25 meters backstroke until I had completed my 1200.

Tuesday I worked out with my trainer Brandy for a strength workout-- I ran 1 mile prior to get warmed up. Felt great-- killed it.

Wednesday AM I was in Birmingham and was supposed to do a 3 mile run. I did 2...and I walked some. I didn't have water and I didn't have my armband for my Iphone yet. Poor planning.

Thursday I headed into Nashville and did my first "longish" ride on my new awesome bike. 16 miles felt great-- I averaged about 3:59 per mile....more than a minute per mile less on the same ride that I had done on my hybrid. That being said my bike is making some odd sounds...so I'll be taking it in tomorrow when I get back town tomorrow.

Friday I went on a hike-- about 1.5 hours-- felt good.

Saturday was off-- but decided I would wear a Lily the Mouse mascot outfit around the southern festival of books...and within 10 minutes I was dripping in sweat.

Today I had a short bike ride (8 miles) and then did a mile run/walk.

Next week will involve more travel (NOLA)-- and potentially the chance to re-face the dog that tried to kill me in Cartersville.




No comments:

Post a Comment