Sunday, July 7, 2013

Mind Games....

I can't get over how hard it is to lose weight. It would be one thing if I didn't love food...but I do. When we were in West Palm re-charging ourselves I was on the right track. Then I came back to a week of meetings that had their ups and downs and I fell off the food wagon so to speak. Bagels, cream cheese, over eating...what was I thinking? Then it continued with some unexpected news from a friend that got in my head even more...and more bad eating. I snapped out of it relatively speaking on Wednesday of last week-- and the good part about this time of horrible food intake was that I never stopped working out hard.

The worst part? I'm scared to get on the scale. I mean, really scared. I can't do it. I won't do it. I can't bare to see it over 200 again and I just know that I'm back there. I know I'm being ridiculous-- but the mind games of this whole process are evil. The worst part...I'm lacking a good plan to get back on track. It's something I'm going to work on this week while I'm in Nashville. There's a good place where I hike pretty much every day in Nashville that is very therapeutic.

Wish me luck. Again.

1 comment:

  1. You got this girl!

    Ups and downs are okay, and natural. As long as you're making a long term change and are staying on track over time, then you're doing it right.

    Don't let the scale run your life! It shouldn't be the most important measure of your success. Do you feel good? Do you feel healthy? Do you feel more energetic? Let this be the more important measure, because it's a major part of the end goal right?

    See you when you get back, let's go for a hike!!

    ReplyDelete