Sunday, February 16, 2014

Are sober people boring?

I was privy to my first hangover in months on Wednesday of this past week after a fun night out with colleagues in a snowy Asheville. The good thing? It's been months since I drank enough or an odd enough mixture to get a hangover. The other good thing? I don't want to ever have that feeling again. So, I've made an odd decision. To stay hangover free for the rest of my life. OK, well...most of it. I'm NOT going to stop drinking wine & yummy beer or bloody mary's BUT I'm going to continue to reign it in even more. It's the right decision financial. It's the right decision for health reasons and it's the right decision mentally. Don't you love it when it works out that way?

The question becomes "are sober people boring"? 

I know a few people that choose not to drink at all-- and they are actually some of the kindest and most fun people I know. I'll take heed from their example and see how it goes. Wish me luck. 

1 comment:

  1. I feel like I ask this myself all the time... I don't think sober people are boring, I just feel we get bored without a customary drink in our hand. Being so used to a glass of vino and a slight buzz to accompany our company when we're out. So does that mean alcoholics are boring?

    Either way I'm so with you on being anti-hangover.

    ReplyDelete