Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Intro to Hip Hop

I haven't taken a single dance class since I moved to Atlanta. There I said it.

Until tonight.

No joke, one of the best dance studios in the city is .5 miles from my house. But, mostly I'm out of town on Tuesday's when the Hip Hop for Beginners class takes place. (excuses, excuses). But not today.

I took my overweight white girl ass to Dance 411 and walked into a class that was NOT a beginner class. For the record, I shouldn't be taking actual beginner classes as I've been dancing my whole life- BUT-- i'm rusty-- so I thought, beginner class is where I should start. IF THIS IS THE BEGINNER CLASS THEN I DARE NOT EVER TAKE ANOTHER LEVEL. No joke, I'm pretty sure Janet Jackson's sister was in the class as was Usher's cousin and Britney Spears' look alike was also right up front.

I want to be clear of what I looked like vs. what EVERYONE else looked like.

Me:



Everyone else: 


But-- it was so much fun. We learned a routine to Burn (Ellie Goulding) and the choreography was awesome. I loved the teacher and everyone was kind AND SO GOOD. Just like my swim coach said yesterday-- you have to be in the pool more than once a week. Well, I have to dance at least once a week to not feel like an idiot. And I need to get some cooler dance clothes--- Britney was dancing in a flannel shirt, blonde hair down, bedazzled boots and bright red lipstick. WTF. 

No comments:

Post a Comment