Monday, February 3, 2014

Swima Bika Runna

I feel like today I went back to my first sorority pledge night but actually I was going to my first Atlanta Triathlon Club training session. It was similar except for back then I was in great shape and had tons of self confidence. Clearly, I was nervous and I almost didn't go at all...but something made me get in the car and drive-- to Washington Park pool. AND IT WAS AWESOME.

I followed 2 people in with Ironman bags...so clearly, I was in the right place. I immediately introduced myself, told them I was a newbie and asked them where to go. Everyone was so kind. I plopped myself in the "beginners" lane and started following the instructions of coach Chris. No joke-- had I joined ATC just 2 months sooner I would have been prepared for the Olympic. It was that beneficial.

So, on to the other news. I know I've been gaining weight. I can tell, I can feel it-- I just know it. I've been a big pussy about getting on the scale but tonight after swim practice I felt so good and had enough confidence to face my situation. I was right. I've gained quite a bit of weight back. BUT. I'm in the best shape of the past 5 or so years-- and I know that I can lose the weight. But I have to stay with it. AND KEEP IT OFF. I'll properly weigh tomorrow AM so i'm comparing it to my other weigh ins.

More vegetables. Less pasta and grits. More water. Less beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment