Sunday, November 3, 2013

Sickly

I've been sick for 7 days now and am finally starting to feel better-- the doc said it was a classic cold and to rest up. So, I took an entire week off from training and got back at it today on the bike. Today Bleezy and I went to Columns Drive-- a 5 mile flat loop known that bikers and runners like to ride. It was my first time to this spot and the first time on my bike since I got new gears courtesy of Felt. :)
After the first 2 loops of some odd gear choices I realized that I was riding on the wrong gear ring-- so the last 5 miles were great and spot on. I rode at 16MPH which is a nice pace-- but when I clip in I should get even faster.

Also when I went to the doc they commented on my weight loss which was nice to hear.

This week I have to stick super strict to my training plan as I'll be in Atlanta for the whole week until next Tuesday when I fly to Nashville and then NYC for our soccer game. I'm terribly nervous about the soccer game considering the last time I played soccer I ended up with 8 screws and a plate in my ankle-- and training for a triathlon is time consuming and expensive-- I want to be able to give my all in the race in January.

More to come at the end of this week after I stick to my training plan...:)

No comments:

Post a Comment