Sunday, September 8, 2013

My bike is slow...or am I slow?

Because I'm officially insane I decided to go for a bike ride today as my training and headed out to a trail that I had heard about...The Silver Comet. It takes about 20 minutes to get there which isn't bad considering everything in Atlanta is outside of the city center. This trail is AMAZING.

The website said it was FLAT....but now I've learned that what may feel flat to a runner does not necessarily feel flat to a bike. And considering that I'm riding a hybrid and not a road bike (and for the record I was the only non-road bike on the trail) my bike feels every single hill and it's quite hard to keep momentum.

I decided that I would do 15 miles-- 7.5 miles out and then back. This was my longest ride by 6 miles and let's just say by mile 7 my ass hurt pretty damn bad. The good thing-- I really enjoyed the ride. But it was tough....my mile times ranged from 3:36 to 7:45....that's a pretty big rang. I'm also not sure what part of my foot to be pushing from-- have lots of questions.

This week I'm going to try and head up to ALL 3 SPORTS and get my TRI Kit....that way on Saturday I can swim in it and then bike in it.

SO...here's the bad part. I worked out with my trainer on Friday and am ridiculously sore...so I'm hoping that's the reason that when I got off my bike I could barely walk. I mean, there would have been ZERO CHANCE today that I could have then run a 5K. I walked about 1/4 mile and had to stop. Mostly it's my inner thighs.

Tomorrow is a AM swim.
Tuesday is AM swim and run and then PM spin class.
Wednesday is morning workout with trainer.
Thursday I'm having a small medical procedure so I'll take both Thursday and Friday off and then Saturday will be open water swim and then bike.
Sunday will be a run.

SO MUCH PREPARATION.

No comments:

Post a Comment