Tuesday, September 3, 2013

My visit to an Atlanta City Pool

So much info from this past weekend (I swam in a lake, hiked, did another bike ride with a decreased time per mile and went for a walk and saw 11 bunnies-- and every 3 bunnies equals a wish-- I digress).

But...I just returned from my first visit to the local Natatorium...and it turns out-- there's one about 5 minutes from my house-- it's like it's meant to be.

Getting up at 6AM isn't ever easy but the thought of trying out my new suit and the new adventure made me up for the challenge....sort of.


But then, I got the the pool and noticed a sign that said it was closed...but I know Atlanta better than that. And I went on in....I have no doubt that at least 4 schmucks a day see the sign and walk back to their car-- it's really sad actually.

I forged ahead, found a person asleep at the front desk-- woke him up-- told him I had bought a 10 pass "splash pass" and was directed to the pool. There was only 1 other person doing laps...probably because everyone else thought it was closed, so I took a lane and started swimming.

IT WAS AWESOME. And by awesome I mean, I swam 8 laps which I believe to be 1/4 mile in about 9/10 minutes. I wasn't able to swim all of them in the free-style...I had to breast stroke 1 lap. And I have so far to go with working on my breathing. And my goggles fogged up. And, and, and, and. BUT....the biggest hurdle has been overcome. I found a pool. And it's awesome and empty and close to my house. Something tells me this could become a morning ritual. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment