Saturday, September 28, 2013

Worst dream ever.

So I had my first triathlon nightmare. #TriMare if you will. I want to get it out so I don't make these same shitty mistakes tomorrow.

First:
1. I didn't set up my transition-- the end.
2. I didn't bring a helmet.
3. The run was first and I couldn't make my legs move.
4. When I finally found my bike (and there were only 2 people who hadn't picked theirs up) the tires were flat.
5. I did lots of crying
6. I had no water or drank or food of any kind.
7. I had to pee in my dream but then couldn't find bathroom

Then I woke up in real life (hence the 4:30 AM post) with a horribly sore throat. I'm going to cancel all of my plans today (other than taking my bike of course) and drink liquids and sleep.

What I learned from my dream:

1. Give all you have because you never know what's next
2. Preparation is the key to an easy mind
3. Visualize myself completing the swim, bike and run
4. Take an Advil when I wake up tomorrow

What may have caused the dream:

1. I haven't trained this week at all. I've been in a horrible funk since Monday that I'm having a hard time shaking.
2. I haven't been sleeping well since Monday-- odd patterns, hotel beds and tonight at a friends house.
3. I'm nervous about doing something I've never done before.

OK...gonna try to go back to sleep now.

No comments:

Post a Comment