Sunday, December 23, 2012

When Are you Due?

Dear Lord Please Don't Let Me Eat An Entire Cheese Ball Today To Make Up For A Stupid Lady.

Look Back: In 2008 I was wearing a green baby doll dress to my already stress inducing High School reunion and some idiot asked me when my baby was due. While I was drinking alcohol. I promised myself never to get that offended ever again if some stupid person asked me that question.

Today, while I was contemplating spending way too much money at Tiffany's the lovely sales lady asked when I was due. I truly didn't hear her correctly, and thought she asked "what" I did...as in, I'm in marketing lady, but then she REPEATED herself. I coyly smiled and told her I wasn't DUE or going to be due. At first I was a bit taken aback because we all know the rule...And the rule is NEVER, UNDER ANY FUCKING CIRCUMSTANCE EVER ASK A WOMAN WHEN SHE IS DUE UNLESS SHE LOOKS LIKE SHE NEEDS TO GO TO THE HOSPITAL TO GIVE BIRTH THAT VERY SECOND.

But then I looked at myself: baggy dress, covered by a really baggy long sweater, a scarf, leggings and boots. I had also commented that my fingers were swollen recently. I was totally giving her...pregnant lady.

The next thing I know she looks like she's about to cry so I tell her to not think another thing about it-- then she actually starts crying. And then I start crying. And now we're both crying at Tiffany's looking at beautiful Frank Gehry jewelery.

I think she learned the rule today. And I learned not to get (too) offended by people that mean no harm.

On that note-- I did a crazy hard workout this morning and have eaten well today. I promise to weigh when I get back to Atlanta.

No comments:

Post a Comment