Saturday, December 1, 2012

40 year old skinny bitches

So, I attend a gym that consists of what seems to be Atlanta's finest 40 year old's (ish), that are in amazing shape and are also equally beautiful. I'm not sure exactly what draws this crowd to my gym...maybe it's other people that look the same as them but that's pretty much the demo. There's also a scattering of really in shape guys-- most seem to be gay although some are definitely dragged by their 40 year old insanely in shape wife or girlfriend.

Now, I have no room to call any of these women bitches, in fact, none of them have been mean to me-- mostly I'm just jealous of their ridiculously insane bodies (at 40) and the fact that they have plenty of money to adorn themselves in Lululemon from head to toe.

Earlier today when I was at the gym I realized there's this 1 really tall woman that I see there all the time (she fits into the aforementioned category-- 40ish, lululemon wearing, insane body...you get the point) and I came to a realization-- these women have these insane bodies because they are in the gym ALL THE FUCKING TIME. I imagine they also eat well-- they probably own stock in nutritional yeast companies, never drink beer and would turn their nose up at an empanada (shout out to Ruben)!

It dawned on me that this really is a lifestyle. It's not something I'm doing until May and/or I get to my goal weight and then I just get to go on auto-drive. Nope. Once I lose all the weight and get to a good place I don't get to go back to a diet of chicken wings, pasta, cheese on cheese on cheese and too much booze. I don't get to become sedentary again. I mean, I could do all of those things but then I'll end up where I am now-- or where I was a month ago. That's not a fucking option. It turns out I want to be one of those 40 year old bitches who can plank for hours, who look amazing doing mountain climbers, whose back muscles I can actually SEE. I'm certainly never going to give up treating myself-- because we all know--- I like food and the food industry way too much for that to happen BUT...I don't get to relax. This isn't about relaxing, in fact, it's about a way of life. The sooner that I come to that realization the sooner I stop fighting myself.

I remember watching Bob the trainer on the Biggest Loser telling his team this all the time-- it's a way of life-- but for the most part they go back home and it turns out it's not THEIR way of life. That's what makes me feel good about doing it this way. I'm not trying to lose 10 lbs a week. I'm not working out 4 hours a day and eating 800 calories. Nope. This is a way of life. It's not going to come overnight-- but that's OK because I have the rest of my life to live this way. BOOM!

No comments:

Post a Comment