Thursday, February 7, 2013

My neck, my back...you get the point

My wrist hurts. I didn't know it was possible for a wrist to hurt like this unless you broke it. My back also hurts along with my shoulders, butt, quads, abs, and calfs. Oh yeah, and my fingers hurt too. But...I'm alive and kicking fuckers!

Yesterday was a day for the ages-- a day that was very well documented in pictures and video so I'm sure at some point you'll all see for yourself exactly how, um...amazing... yesterday was. I'll give you a brief run down.
7:00 AM Light breakfast
7:30 Run to the beach house (1 mile- on the sand...and I'm not talking east coast packed down hard sand...I'm talking sink 6 inches every time you put your foot down sand)


7:50 Warm up with my new favorite person-- Britta. Turns out even warms ups can keep me sweating
8:00 Yoga with Beth (really enjoyed this yoga class)
9:00 Real Breakfast accompanied by some work with a nutritionist and then a quick trip to grocery store to shop for dinner
10:30ish SERGIO. This dude is the real fucking deal. Basically we each had a space on this blacktop of sorts and we had to do a bunch of different sets of painful shit and in between each set run about 200 yards in the aforementioned sand. We had to do the entire thing 10 times. So let's get this straight real quick. 15 push ups of different varieties...run. 30 squats of different varieties...run. 60 ab situations of different varieties...run. 10 Burpees...run. (THAT'S 1). Let's just say each trainer was given 60 minutes or so and we stopped at minute 30 so he could finish our workout doing something else. No one completed 10. I got through 3.5. I puked in my mouth. I cussed Sergio under my breath. I might have cried a little. I definitely cried a little. I don't ever want to hang out with Sergio again. I'm sure he's a great dude...different strokes for different folks.
Noonish: Lunch.
1:00 ish: 2013 Planning
2:00 ish: Back to the energy draining sand with my main man Andrew. This was a circuit workout that involved shoveling sand, crunches, TRX work, throwing an 8 pound ball over a volleyball net and catching it, ladder work...1.5 minute sets and then switch for 2 rounds. I loved this...I can do anything for 1.5 minutes.
2:30 ish: Core workout with Linda...Linda ain't no joke either but luckily my time spent at Core Fusion had me prepared for this one...now, don't get me wrong-- it was hard as shit...but it wasn't out of my comfort zone and I enjoyed the class.

3:30 ish: DONE WITH WORKOUTS! Next we got to meet with Britta about our goals, we got interviewed for the website, we got a freaking massage, and we got to go in the Fat Tank...which was actually really cool. Because I was actively WORKING MY ASS OFF I wasn't able to take pictures during the day but not to worry...we were documented by plenty of people.
6:00 ish: Cook amazing dinner
9:30 ish: ASLEEP


2 comments:

  1. Woah! That's an epic day. We got this. I'd love to get an accurate number in one of those tanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in AWE of you Emma!!! You ran and pushed and shoveled and squatted and pulled and threw and ran again..... YOU are MY inspiration!!! No slacking allowed!!!

    ReplyDelete