Thursday, March 28, 2013

On Top of the World

This week has been amazing. 4 days of early morning workouts-- check. Visit to my doctor for my annual physcial-- check. My doc told me that my blood pressure was lowered and "amazing" and that my resting heart rate was super low-- she said my lungs and heart sounded phenomenal. She said it was clear that I was in better health. BOOM.



This morning I'm in Nashville for some work and I headed out to my favorite hiking spot-- Radnor Lake. There's a ridge trail there that KICKS MY ASS. I've been doing this ridge for as long as I can remember but in the past few years I've never been able to do it without taking breaks. NOT TODAY MUTHERFUCKERS. I was able to climb it without stopping once. I kept my breathing under control and made it all the way to the top and my recovery was much quicker too.



The hike ends with 1 mile of paved road around the lake that I thought I would give a try to run. I started slow with goals of "run to that tree", then I would "run to that bush", "run to that sign"...you get the point. Next thing I knew I was just running. Well, jogging. But NOT WALKING. I ran the entire way and felt AMAZING. I could have kept going. I can't wait to do it again.




1 comment:

  1. Here is to your healthier and happier future, Emma!!!!
    BOOM - this one is for you!!! Taking charge and running with it!!
    YOU are amazing and you will THANK yourself for it!!
    SOSOSOSOSOSO GREAT!!!!!

    ReplyDelete