Tuesday, November 13, 2012

The Journey Begins. Officially.

Welcome to the blog about my goal to lose 48 pounds by my 33rd birthday-- May 15, 2013. Today is November 13th which means I have almost exactly 6 months to achieve the goal...and the smart people say that 2lbs a week is healthy and do-able, so damnit, here goes nothing.

I went to the doctor today (more on that later) and I got on the always present scale...OH DEAR LORD YOU WILL NEVER BELIEVE WHAT IT SAID. 224 lbs. Of course I immediately started making excuses as to how I'm sure I actually only weigh 215 or so....I was wearing a big baggy sweater, I'm PMS'ing and definitely bloated, I've been working out a lot in the past week and my muscle gain has been so tremendous that it's added 5-10 lbs already....bullshit I tell you. All of it.

The reason I weigh 224 lbs is because I love to eat food. And drink beer, and wine, and vodka, and bushwackers. I enjoy cheese more than other humans-- in fact I cannot control myself around a bag of string cheese. I also really like to eat more than I SHOULD...I'm fully aware that the reason we eat is to keep us moving, give us energy to get through the day-- but I get some sort of sick enjoyment from being FULL.  I also weigh 224 lbs because I haven't been on a regular workout routine, since, oh...1998 or so. Now, don't get me wrong-- I'm one of those in shape fat people. I workout, lift weights, go on hilkes and if I had to run a marathon tomorrow I could finish it. It wouldn't be pretty, and I certainly couldn't run more than a mile or 2 at a time, but I would finish it.

The bottom line (no butt comments, please) is that I'm going on this journey right now because there's no time like the present. And because I'm 32. For those who know me well, 32 is my favorite number and I would like to end the last six months of this year achieving something. Striving for a goal and making it happen. I know exactly HOW to do it. I just have to make it happen.

This blog will chronicle by daily food journal, my workouts, wanting to kill my co-workers for crazy late night pizza & room service orders, my friends who like me, love cheese and just about anything else that inspires me.

I'm fully aware that I need to lose more than 48 lbs but one goal at a time people.

Here we go!





No comments:

Post a Comment