Thursday, January 10, 2013

East vs. West

Today I visited Dr. He, an acupuncturist recommended by my good friend Veronica for some neck and should pain that has been hurting me super bad during workouts but also bothering me throughout the day as well. The appointment started with some questioning along the lines of why I took allergy medicine (duh, for allergies) and why I tool birth control (duh, to control my periods). Then he went into some serious Acu Pressure and let me tell you this man knew where to put his thumb to really hit the painful areas. I was impressed....and in pain. During the acu pressure he made some comments about me needing to lose weight...I told him I was fully aware and that I was working with it. Case closed.

Then Dr. He...the man below puts me on the table and starts putting needles all over me. Some I didn't feel at all and some hurt like hell. I could internally feel the energy in my body rushing to the needles-- it was awesome and a little weird all at the same time.

Dr. He went on to talk about example how bad I needed to lose weight and that acupuncture wouldn't work without me losing weight. He told me to only eat half of all of my food and that I needed to take 24 herbal pills a day but that I should only lose .5 lbs a week or max 1 lbs per week so my skin doesn't get "wrinkly".

By the end of the hour I felt relaxed but preached to as well. He says I should go off both the Zyrtec and MonoNessa and to be clear, once again, must lose weight. He also told me I needed to lower my cholesterol. Then I gave the good ole Dr. a piece of my mind...I have AMAZING cholesterol and have never had any type of health issues from my weight. I'm the healthiest overweight person out there. I'm fully aware I need to lose weight but didn't feel the need to tell him about my blog, my goals, etc, etc.

The decision is to go back to Dr. He or to stay the course. I do feel better and like the thought of acu pressure and acupuncture but have no interest in getting a lecture every session. Classic thought of East vs West...

No comments:

Post a Comment