Monday, January 7, 2013

U Booze It U Don't Lose It.

So back when I started this blog my goal was to lose 48lbs by May 15th (my birthday). To date, I've lost 9. Ok, so that's something. My goal is absolutely reach-able but it will mean that I'll have to pull a few weeks where I lose more than 2lbs, which will be difficult, considering I'm averaging 1lb per week, BUT...I made it through those 9 weeks of Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years and still dropped some weight-- go me. The bottom line is that I'm not going to get discouraged and while I certainly want to hold myself to this goal I'm going to stay positive because any way you cut it, I'm making healthier decisions on the whole which is a win. End the end I want to get my BMI down to 25% or less which for me would be around 164lbs-- another 12 lbs.

On another subject...I haven't had alcohol in 7 days and the sad thing? I can't remember the last time I didn't have at least 1 drink in that amount of time. It had to be the last time I had the flu or had ankle surgery. Wow. But you know the coolest thing? I'm thinking very clearly, feel great and have been in good moods. Also, I haven't been nearly as irritable as I can sometimes be known to get, I mean, according to other people.

My surgery recovery seems to be going OK although I call my doctor pretty much all the time freaking out about something...nothing has yet to be worrisome to them. I think I'll be able to hit the gym by Thursday and am planning on skiing this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment