Friday, January 4, 2013

Pain Management...at 4AM

So, apparently this pain management situation can be difficult in the middle of the night. Hence, I'm awake right now in a bit of, well, pain. But I took 800 MG of Advil in hopes of being back to sleep within the next 30 minutes or so. BUT....while I was up I just read that the majority of American's consume 21% of their daily calories through sugary drinks. For some reason this is astounding to me.

We all know, per the blog, that I have some weight to lose. But 1 thing I'm not guilty of is getting my calories on a daily basis through sugary drinks. Come on people-- if you're going to over indulge do it on some cheese and pasta and not Coke or Pepsi.

I didn't taste a soda or anything else carbonated until I was at least 10 or older and I remember my reaction to this day...I spit it out. First, I hated the taste and secondly the carbonation hurt my mouth. Our good friend Heineken (high school beer of choice) helped me get over the carbonation issue, and now our good friend Red Bull Sugar Free has continued the maturation of my taste buds when it comes to carbonation but to this day I cannot drink sodas.

Just really couldn't believe that statistic. I would liked to thank my parents for not allowing that crap in our home. I was forced to drink milk, water or juice. Or...on a very special day at Granny's I could have sweet tea (come on, we were from Nashville).

No comments:

Post a Comment