Thursday, January 17, 2013

Near Death

This morning I worked out with my awesome personal trainer Brandy at Exhale Spa and I'm not sure how but I'm still alive. As I'm still recovering from surgery I told her that I couldn't lift super heavy weight and that it might be a good idea to focus on cardio and next thing I know I'm running stairs lifting a medicine ball over my head, Jumping from hoop to hoop, doing jacks with weights and jumping lunges. I truly thought I might die. A couple things to note here...the power of positive thinking is one of them. As soon as I get down on myself or tell myself I can't do something I'm finished. I mean done. Near tears. BUT, if I can stay positive-- keep pushing happy thoughts into my brain, I'm golden. A few times this morning I got down on myself but then I just re-focused and started thinking about why I'm on this journey. I'm on this journey for myself. For my health. So I won't fall victim to my family traits of diabetes, sleep apnea, and heart problems. I'm on this journey for my friends (Wells and all of yall), I'm on this journey for my peers to show them that anything can be done if you work hard enough.
To show  you how hard I worked...here's a picture of my red face AFTER a 20 minute cold shower....

1 comment:

  1. This picture made me really happy this morning. Thank you and job well done! Keep it up, Erma!

    ReplyDelete